Sellick Partnership have recently been engaged to recruit an Interim Management Accountant within a newly formed team of a high profile professional services business based in Manchester. The business area that we're recruiting into have an enviable reputation within the group and are known to recruit the best talent from across the North West. Initially to cover a maternity leave there's a strong chance of a permanent position within this or a neighbouring team moving forward. An excellent opportunity for someone with the will to move into a more business facing, data / management accounting role.
Reporting to a Divisional Finance Lead, the successful candidate will be part of a mid sized team with responsibility for the below duties:
Other key accountabilities will include:-
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Lead on all aspects of budgeting and forecasting
- Production of in-depth product analysis to gain maximum return on investment
- Modelling of forecasts, budgets and planning
- Delivery of stress testing data to assist in the decision making process
- Delivery of high quality MI regarding business performance and ad-hoc commercial project status for key stakeholders
- Business partnering duties to non-finance and finance staff in delivery of key MI
- Develop improvements relating to data flows, data integrity and data usability
- Adapt data flows to enable information to be more accurately analysed
- Review and streamline existing processes relating to data
- Maintain and develop robust organisational and financial controls
- Monthly Powerpoint production and presentation to senior stakeholders
The successful applicant will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant with a strong academic record. Candidates will have a proven background in the delivery of management accounts and will also have strong a data bias in their experience. Having the ability to improve on existing processes and implement new working practices is critical to this position. The ability to communicate it with key stakeholders and deliver management information across the group is a further pre-requisite of this role. Due to the timescale pressures of this role candidates will need to be available at short notice and commit for the longevity of the contract.