Senior Safety Engineer
Senior Safety Engineer - 35-45k - FTSE100 Global Organisation
The Safety Engineer will work within the Safety Engineering team to make an impact, guiding the design of new products and supporting the legacy safety critical systems. The breadth of coverage provides an exciting opportunity for an individual to develop both systems and safety engineering knowledge. The selected applicant will work as an integral part of the Product Safety Engineering Team to develop a world class capability in safety interpretation, analysis and compliance.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop safety cases against the requirements of Def Stan 00-56 and JSP 430
- Perform safety reviews/ analysis - HAZOP studies, FTA, FMEA
- Manage hazard logs
- Produce Safety Case Reports
- Provide safety advice to product teams
Required Experience / Qualifications
- A degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering field
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a related safety engineering field
- A good understanding of modern safety case standards (defence and commercial)
- Experience of running safety management systems and applying safety management techniques to engineering issues
- Experience of HAZOPS, Hazard logs, Safety Case reporting
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Conversant with Microsoft Office packages
- Team player but capable of working autonomously
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
In return my client looks to offer a competitive salary plus substantial company benefits.
If you are interested please apply ASAP with an up to date CV.