Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller based in Chelmsford. Our client is a leading construction firm who specialize in specialist and bespoke services. This role will be responsible for directly supporting the Finance Director with timely financial reporting and managing a team of direct reports.
Typical Duties Include:
- Production of monthly management accounts and assisting in the budgeting/forecasting process
- Liaising with operational managers and departmental heads to accurately maintain budgets
- Constant review of internal controls/processes and implementation of best working practice
- Assisting in the tendering of new contracts and forecasting of project based works
- Producing analysis to assist with projects and advise of cost saving exercise and increasing profitability
- Acting as a point of contact for supplier management and compliance queries
- Supervision and development of finance team
- Ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified with previous management experience within the construction industry. The proven ability to business partner with Senior Management outside of finance would be an advantage. You must be confident with challenging current processes in order to develop the reporting standards of the finance team.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy & HR specialists in East Anglia.