Quality, H&S, Environment Manager
Quality/H&S/Environment Manager Leighton Buzzard
Basic £45,000 Neg + Bonus+ Benefits + Progression
Due to sustained growth an excellent opportunity has arisen to join a well established, specialist provider of engineered products into aviation, motorsport, defence and general manufacturing.SUMMARY
Responsible for the Management of the company's Quality/H&S/Environmental Management Systems in accordance with Statutory, regulatory, customer and company requirementsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management and maintenance of all the 3rd party, regulatory and customer approvals ensuring that the company maintain a system capable of achieving these requirements.
- Acts as the liaison with external parties on all matters relating to QHSE.
- Develops and maintains documented procedures, which not only adhere to the regulatory / international standard requirements but promote continuous improvement and cost reduction in our business processes.
- Ensures that resource is available to maintain suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the quality system.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety.
- Ensures flow down of company requirements to our supplier base promoting continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Develops a QHSE strategy to support the overall business goals and monitors performance against departmental and organisational objectives.
- Develops, monitors and works within a specified budget.
- Facilitates teams to ensure continuous improvement within the QHSE systems to reduce costs associated with QHSE activities.
- Completes QHSE audits both internally and at supplier premises to ensure both compliance to system requirements and to identify area's for improvement and cost reduction.
- Provides and co ordinates training were necessary for all employees in aspects of QHSE e.g. procedural training, human factors, use of corrective action database, tools and techniques for QHSE improvement
- Communicates performance of the QHSE through regular QHSE meetings with the Board and department heads, and written reports.
- Conduct specific projects as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Actively support and contribute to the QHSE department in all areas of QHSE, improvement and cost reduction.
- Provides support to all functional areas of the business.
- Take an active role within the management team.
Direct management of the QHSE department and a functional indirect responsibility for all quality / inspection staff within the company for all matters pertaining to QHSE.TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements list below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
Fully conversant in ISO 9001 /AS 9100 / AS 9120 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 standard requirements.
Educated to degree level (preferably in a QHSE / technical discipline).
A minimum of 5 years working in an engineering environment with at least 3 years senior management experience.
Proven record of introducing continuous improvement and QHSE systems into an engineering company.
An excellent communicator capable of working with all levels both within and external to the company
PC Literate - Word/Access/Excel/Project and Visio.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing business on a sustained and steep upward trajectory. As such the role, responsibility and remuneration for this position will be dynamic and constantly changing and growing in tandem with the organisation.
In the first instance please send your CV to