A major construction company are looking for a Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer to provide pre and post contract subcontract support.
The Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer will be working on £10m - £40m projects in new build and major refurbishments in the education, private and public residential and student accommodation and commercial markets with typical overall project procurement budgets of up to £30m.
With packages ranging from £1,000 to several million £, my client are seeking an out and out construction Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer experienced within the use of JCT contract forms.
Reporting directly into the Supply Chain Director, the Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer will be joining an already established team of Sub-contract Buyer's and will be supported by Procurement Assistants.
Details of the Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer role are:
Location - Reigate, Head Office
Salary - up to £50,000 + c. £5,000 car allowance + other benefits
Key responsibilities of the Sub-contract Buyer / Senior Buyer are:
- Work in consultation with the pre and post contract project management team
- Develop and implement the project procurement strategy aligned to the business supply chain management and procurement
- Lead the development of subcontract works packages
- Work with the business supply chain manager in the development and implementation of approved tender lists
- Assist with the analysis of quotations, lead negotiations and attend mid/post tender interviews when required
- Develop robust, commercially competitive procurement solutions for inclusion in the bid
- Engage with the supply chain to investigate value engineering opportunities
- Place subcontract orders and management of the subcontract execution process
Experience required for this Sub-contract / Senior Buyer role are:
- Out and out Construction background
- Subcontract procurement experience
- Experienced with the use of JCT and / or NEC3 contract forms
- A stable CV
- Experience of working on construction related projects
To apply for this Subcontract Buyer / Senior Buyer position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK