Functional Skills Assessor
We are looking for Functional Skills Assessor/Tutor, to work for one of the country's leading training providers, to support and develop learner apprenticeships in work-based environments studying English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills.
LOCATION: WOLVERHAMPTON AND WEST MIDLANDS
SALARY: UP TO £26000 PLUS MILEAGE AND BONUS
Manage own time effectively ensuring a caseload of learners are supported and contact made every 4 weeks.
* To carry out initial assessment of learners to identify and agree appropriate learning routes to meet individual learning needs.
* Plan and deliver Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills for adults engaged in study programmes.
* Invigilate assessments taken by learners to fulfil awarding body requirements.
* Assess and record learner achievement and competence, setting SMART targets and identifying training needs.
* Deliver one to one support to learners identified with a learning difficulty and or disability.
* Be a team player and capable of supporting a team with daily operations.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED:
* Minimum teaching qualification of PTTLS/AET or equivalent
* Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT at level 2 or equivalent.
* The ability to engage learners through a range of teaching resources.
* Highly organised, driven and the ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work to shift patterns and ad-hoc hours to meet the learner needs.
* Experience of working for a training provider
* Experienced delivering full framework functional skills including ICT at Level 2
The client is an established provider and can offer you:
* Training & Development
* Childcare vouchers
* 25 days holiday
* Access to pool cars
* Shopping discounts
* Incentive scheme
* Healthcare Cashplan