Deputy Head of Science
Our Secondary Academy in North Manchester is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Science for a permanent contract commencing September 2017.
A brand new School opening September 2017 located in North Manchester. The School is part of a multi academy trust that is rapidly expanding.
- To oversee the teaching of Key Stage 3 & 4 Science.
- To ensure that teachers are sufficiently resourced with key documents such as differentiated schemes of work, exam papers, exam board resources and end of topic tests.
- To undertake quality assurance; book checks, lesson pop-ins, lesson observations and moderation of coursework.
- To monitor student progress, collection of testing data to identify students who are under performing and implement strategies to support these students.
- To liaise with the science technicians providing them with detailed information on the resource requirements for the academic year ahead for coursework and practical work.
- To convene departmental meetings, ensuring minutes are distributed to staff within one week of the meeting taking place.
- To implement a policy to deal with under-achieving students.
- To facilitate additional interventions sessions as part of the departmental intervention strategy
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Head of Science Faculty or Leadership Group
- To deputise for the Head of Science as appropriate
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a member of the Permanent Recruitment Team will contact you without delay.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.