SEN Teacher needed in "Good" school in Richmond
Prospero Teaching are working with a "Good" looking for a SEN Primary School Teacher (NQTs are greatly encouraged to apply) in the Richmond upon Thames area, starting in September.
About the school
• Specialist school for learners with complex learning difficulties. Many pupils have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), or have physical and sensory disabilities
• Received "Good" with "Outstanding" aspects on their most recent OFSTED report
• The age range of the pupils is 7 - 19
• The school has provision for fewer than 60 pupils, meaning there is ample opportunity for teachers to provide highly differentiated support for each student.
• There is a high staff:student ratio
• The school has a focus on sports and physical education, for which it receives extra funding
The successful SEN Teacher will
• Have QTS
• Be passionate about working with young people with a variety of needs, and be able to adapt your teaching style and methods accordingly
• Be able to work with and deploy a wide range of support staff
All applicants with QTS interested in this role are encouraged to apply - including NQTs!
The ideal Teacher will
• Be eligible to work in the UK and hold a current DBS or be willing to process one
• Be driven, dedicated and hard-working
• Be able to provide two current work-based, child related references
• Preferably have any of these:
• Team teach training
• SEND experience
Once registered, our team of experienced SEN consultants will be on hand to help you maximise your appeal to prospective employers, thus helping you secure your dream position.
At Prospero Teaching, we can offer you, free of charge, a range of CPD courses including recognised qualifications in safeguarding, classroom management, differentiation and more. We can also offer to some candidates Team Teach qualifications, delivered by our in-house Team Teach instructors, completely free of charge.
If you are interested in finding out more information regarding positions, please contact the SEN Team at the London head office.
If this job advert has sparked your interest and you would like to hear more about our teaching positions, then please apply to this ad with your updated CV and we will be in touch.
Know a Teacher or Teaching Assistant looking for work in London? Refer us their CV to be offered a referral bonus (conditions apply).
This advert has been posted by Prospero teaching on behalf of one of our schools.
The school and Prospero teaching endeavour to support your career at every stage. Apply now and take advantage of our free CPD courses.