Audit & Accounts Executive
Experienced external auditor needed by leading accountancy practice to work on a portfolio of interesting and exciting clients in Milton Keynes.
My client is a reputable accountancy firm that is growing both nationally and internationally. They seek an experienced external audit professional to join the audit and accounts department in their Milton Keynes office.
To them audit is certainly not just a 'tick box' exercise and they pride themselves on the business relationships that they have with their clients. Working predominately with Owner Managers of these businesses, their auditors get to work with some really interesting and exciting clients within industry sectors including Manufacturing, Engineering, Property & Construction, Automotive, Legal, Not for Profit and large Group companies up to £600million in revenue.
As an Audit & Accounts Executive you will provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to your clients. You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion and key to the role will be your ability to build strong client relationships with a genuine 'added value' approach. The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
- Take ownership of audits from planning through to completion
- Lead, mentor, review and plan & allocate testing work to junior members
- Analytical review
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Commentary and preparation of accounts / financial statements
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and produce a short summary on key client issues before passing to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
- Ad hoc projects.
- Ideal candidates will be ACA or ACCA qualified or close to being fully qualified, with accountancy practice experience
- Finalist level candidates, with the appropriate level of practical experience, will also be considered - any incurred 'clawback' on study fees will be paid for by my client
- Demonstrable experience leading external audits from planning to completion
- Previous experience preparing accounts
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare and tax software, Sage, Xero or other bookkeeping software
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Commercially aware and client focussed with the confidence to challenge clients
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package tailored to you
- International secondment opportunities (for example to North America, Australasia, Asia, Europe etc)
- Flexible and relaxed work environment - open plan office
- Limited travel - vast majority of clients are based locally in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding area
- Time off in lieu (but rarely needed)
- Opportunity to work with some really interesting and rewarding clients that require a certain level of technical sophistication
- Personal career development plan including regular review and Mentor
- Long term career opportunities, even to Partner, if desired.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17525