Commercial Combined Underwriter
Looking for a new opportunity, wanting to work for within a faced paced, vibrant environment?
NJR are currently working with an independent Insurance Underwriting agency based in the Birmingham area, which now has an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Combined Underwriter to join their Commercial team.
You will be able to build strong broker relationships which will enable you to maximise retention and have conversations around poor performing account and/or policies being renewed elsewhere.
As a Commercial Underwriter you will deal with daily tasks that are referred to you by insurance agents, working to targets, chasing and securing business; whilst dealing with UK SME and Mid Market accounts predominantly within the commercial market as well as acting as a point of contact on underwriting queries from insurance agents.
- Working within underwriting guidelines you will be able to effectively obtain profitable business, which will assist in growing the book whilst maintaining a satisfactory loss ratio.
- Comply with Binder, procedures and underwriting authority levels.
- Deal with new business enquiries, renewal and mid-term adjustments by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable high net worth business.
- Underwriting Combined risks based on online presentations.
- Referring cases outside of any personal underwriting authority and making appropriate recommendations
- Maintain technical proficiency across commercial combined, property owners, and business liability & contractors insurances.
- The successful candidate for this role will have a good knowledge of the Underwriting process and an understanding of the Commercial Insurance arena.
- You will be confident, switched-on and comfortable in dealing with clients both over the phone and face to face.
- Knowledge of property owners insurance, would be an advantage, but is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity which can offer real progression within the company.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants Ref: NJR6492