Payroll Manager - Worcester, to £40/45,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Regional Accounting Firm who are continuing to enjoy strong growth across the whole of the Midlands & South West. They are now seeking a Payroll Manager to join their growing team who will be responsible for co-ordination of payroll matters across the various offices, manage a team of Payroll Clerks and help bring efficiencies & better controls to the department. Reporting to one the Partners, key duties include:
- Manage and take responsibility for all payroll clients, including allocation of jobs and monitoring capacity issues within the team. Looking after a portfolio of your own clients, including processing the payrolls.
- Handling the smooth handover and take-on of clients transferring from other offices, other accountants or for new start-up companies.
- Managing a small team of staff, including any problems arising, client issues, problems on payroll matters.
- Assisting the Head of Business with marketing and promoting payroll services and business development opportunities within the existing client base
- Handling engagement letters and Anti-Money Laundering procedures for new payroll clients.
- Addressing concerns in any reports issued from time to time, following an internal or external audit of the payroll services
- Reviewing how Monthly Payroll Processing Checklist and Controls could be updated and made more efficient, to mitigate future errors
- Ensuring all clients have engagements letters on their payroll files
- Chairing the monthly Payroll meeting, discussing topics such as legislative amendments affecting payroll, solutions to client matters etc.
- Reviewing work-in-progress for payroll clients on a monthly/quarterly basis to assess whether billing, provisioning or fee renegotiation is required.
- Ensuring that the Central payroll team complies with the payroll manual & procedures in place.
- Setting up technical training sessions with external training organisations, to ensure all payroll staff are kept up to date with developments affecting payroll
To be considered for the role you should have experience of working in a complex and high-volume multiple client payroll environment, with up to date knowledge of UK payroll regulations, year-end processes and payroll rules. Experience of RTI and auto-enrolment is essential, and ideally a background in another accountancy firm, payroll bureau or a multi-site/multi-payroll business operation. Strong staff management skills are required, and you should be able to take full ownership of all end-to-end payrolls within your own portfolio, be a self-starter and work under your own initiative.
On offer is a base salary to £40/45,000 depending on experience, healthcare & pension schemesand holidays. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or HR Services within London, the Thames Valley & Midlands please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act