My client is a leading manufacturer within its field. Due to their continued growth they are looking to appoint am Engineering Draughtsman to the business.
You will be responsible for Producing electrical schematics and interconnection drawings and liaise with control suppliers. Interpret customer requirements and technical specifications and responsibility for the following:
* AutoCad operator focusing on electrical requirements of the Engineering Dept.
* Knowledge and use of BS 7671 17th edition wiring regulations
* Knowledge of BS EN 60204 (safety of machines)
* Knowledge / experience of electrical control panel design for industrial equipment.
* Read, understand and produce P&ID's, LV electrical control schematics and interconnection diagrams derived from customer, and internal, specifications.
* Liaise with workshop staff to create SOP's and streamline electrical equipment design and build within the company.
* Inventor 3D experience advantageous
* Good database and computer skills. MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc)
* Ability to work unsupervised and create detailed electrical drawings as detailed above and also manufacturing package of drawings, parts lists and BOM's.
* Ability to discuss drawings and technical details
* Experience of using AutoCad is essential
* Electrical / control knowledge is essential
* Experience of using Inventor is advantageous
* Knowledge of mechanical engineering & production engineering practise
* ONC/HNC/Mech. Tech qualification required.