Personal Tax Manager
A Leading Independent firm of Chartered Accountants located in an ideal area for commuting in Cambridge are looking for a Personal Tax Manager to join their highly successful Private Client Tax team.
You will take responsibility for the smooth running of your group within the Private Client department and ensure work under your control is carried out smoothly, to a high standard and in accordance with the firm’s procedures. You will also have the opportunity to assist senior staff in management of the private client team to ensure the firm’s marketing and commercial objectives are met.
- Acting as a Personal Tax specialist, giving advice to clients and colleagues on Personal Tax issues and assignments
- Responsibility for own portfolio of clients. Ensuring own compliance work is dealt with in accordance with the firm’s standardisation procedures. Dealing with a wide range of technical issues and situations and providing intelligent, creative solutions to tax issues
- Building rapport, trust and respect with individual clients and developing a clear understanding of their expectations
- Dealing with correspondence regarding your client portfolio in a timely manner
- Writing high quality, professionally presented tax reports with minimal supervision
- Acting as a technical reference point for Private Client issues and assisting senior staff members with more detailed and complex work where necessary
- Maintaining and keeping up to date a comprehensive knowledge of Private Client tax issues including legislation changes, HMRC practices, current tax planning ideas and competitor’s services and ensuring appropriate dissemination of this information
- Advising clients on personal wealth management
- Identifying marketing opportunities, both for additional services for existing clients and winning new clients.
- Assisting in production of proposals to win new, profitable business
- Maintenance of staff technical tax standards and overseeing technical training needs. Assisting in performance appraisal, identifying staff strengths and weaknesses and training needs.
- Ensuring communication between partners and staff is clear, including highlighting the future direction of the firm through group meetings, distribution of literature etc.
- Managing work in progress. Reviewing work of junior staff. Maintaining group work programmes and monitoring jobs awaiting completion. Keeping control of jobs and work in progress
- Monitoring debtors to ensure aged debt does not accumulate
- Ensuring job budgets are completed and compared to actual time, with explanations obtained for variances. Ensuring bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis
- CTA/ STEP/ ACA/ ACCA qualified
- Substantial post qualification experience working within Private Client tax
- Proven, strong technical knowledge within Private Client tax
- Sound management skills
For further information on this Personal Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.