Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Have you got business development experience? Have you got account management and new business experience? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-category manufacturer and importer.
Definition & Scope
- Reporting to the National Sales Manager (NSM) managing an existing sales territory, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the delivery of both the sales & margin budgets that are defined by the company, in support of the businesses overall strategic objectives.
- Manage and develop the existing customer base to ensure business retention whilst identifying opportunities to increase our penetration through gap analysis and upselling of existing business.
- Identify and recommend new customers who can add incremental sales value, in-particular verticals where we are underrepresented. Develop strategic plans and tactics to ensure effective targeting of these new opportunities so that we can fully leverage our value proposition.
- Work closely with the internal sales team to ensure alignment of our strategy, maximise our coverage of existing customers and identify new opportunities for growth. Regular follow up and review to ensure we are on target.
- Uses interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Is a positive team player, is able to recognise the importance of the team and act in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- Develops self and doesn't wait for others to act.
- Is customer oriented, accepts shared accountability for improving the customer service experience.
- Able to understand the "big picture" and organisation vision and apply this to the day to day working.
ACS are recruiting for a Business Development Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Business Development Manager please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Business Development Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Business Development Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Business Development Manager role you desire.