As an ambitious and well established business in Doncaster, our client is looking to recruit a dynamic, driven Assistant Accountant. The role offers the real opportunity for a long-term career with the organisation for the right person. Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller and playing a key role within a small finance team. Your responsibilities will include the following:
· Assistant with the preparation of monthly management accounts for multiple business units
· Journals, accruals and prepayments
· Balance sheet reconciliations including the investigation & resolution of reconciling items
· Intercompany reconciliations
· Preparation of weekly and monthly KPI reports
· Completion of VAT returns and other statutory returns
· Weekly bank reconciliation and weekly cash forecasting
· Monthly payment runs
· Assisting with various projects
This is not a full list and the chance to add value and improve process and procedure will be one of your biggest tasks. The right candidate will be an actively studying early stages CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA or AAT qualified Accounts Assistant with excellent technical accounting knowledge and experience in the above tasks and wanting to do further studies. You will be a team player and be flexible to take on a number of tasks within this small finance team.
In return our client is offering the right person the chance to join the business as it is going through a significant period of growth and change, as well as competitive salary, benefits and great working environment. This Assistant Accountant role has great career development prospects and offers great exposure to support studies.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.