Health and Safety Manager
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Salary: Up to £37K (dep on exp)
Keywords relating to this position include; ISO9001, Health and Safety, Toolbox, H&S, manufacturing, distribution, warehouse
A sales, manufacturer and distributor of plastic and paper packaging based in Birmingham, is now seeking a Health and Safety Manager to lead the company's health and safety improvement project. They cover the UK, Europe, Asia and the Far East to manufacture over 3,000 quality packaging consumables. They offer a standard range of procucts, as well as bespoke solutions for any application.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be the Health and Safety leader for the whole organisation, tasked with improving an already health and safety conscious manufacturing and distribution facility in their Birmingham based head office. Some of your responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
- Toolbox Talks
- Drive to deliver continual Health & Safety improvements
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are implemented to enable compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Carry out regular site and operative audits and inspections to monitor compliance with H&S rules, standards and regulations and produce detailed reports with any necessary remedial actions.
- Advise on the practical implementation of Safe Systems of Work
- Investigate and report on all accidents, incidents and near misses looking for root and systemic causes and recommend any remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support internal H&S audit requirements.
- Engage with stakeholders and partners (clients, principle contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers etc) to help achieve H&S targets and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have implemented, maintained and improved health and safety processes and systems within a manufacturing environment and be NEBOSH qualified. Extensive knowledge of ISO9001 is also a requirement.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please apply via this advert, addressing your application to Neil Edwards.
Locations ideal for this role include; Birmingham, Coventry, Walsall, Dudley, Stourbridge, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Warwickshire, TamworthEncore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.