Teacher of Singing in Musical Theatre
Teacher of Singing in Musical Theatre at BOA in Birmingham. For more details contact Alison on .
Required for September 2017
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is a 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and has over 1030 students (333 at KS4 and 700 at Post 16). BOA is 100% selective, based on aptitude, and is unique in its admissions criteria.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Musical Theatre.
All BOA students are selected through aptitude in their chosen arts specialism and will follow either a Creative, Digital or Performing Arts pathway.
The Performing Arts pathway at BOA is a centre of excellence and is partnered by some of the country's leading creative enterprise including the British Record Industry Trust, PRG Lighting, Live Nation, Orion Media, Maverick TV, Punch Records, and many more. BOA also benefits from strong links with Birmingham City University and the Conservatoire, who are our co-sponsors. Julian Lloyd Webber has recently been appointed at Principal of the Conservatoire, and they are soon to be our closest neighbour.
Musical Theatre is offered as part of the performance pathway with students studying BTEC Level 2 at Key Stage 4 and Post 16 students studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.
The person we seek to appoint will have a proven track record in the field of musical theatre. You will have a passion for collaboration and nurturing talent.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status and a degree
- A passion for Musical Theatre which is evident in your day to day classroom practice
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- The ability to guide students' academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy's guidelines and procedures
- An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to teach BTEC Level 2 and 3 Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) singing elements.
- Ability to play piano and MD Musical Performances.
- Recent experience of teaching Performing Arts at KS4 and KS5
- Experience of delivering GCSE, A-Level and BTEC qualifications
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy's vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 15th May 2017
Start date: 1 September 2017
For further details and an application pack, please contact Alison Clements at Hays Education on /
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.