Location: East Kilbride
Salary: £32k - £35k plus bonus
Holidays 21 days + Bank holidays
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with our client to recruit a General Manager in a commercial vehicle fleet maintenance company
* To control the flow of work through the workshop to maximise its utilisation and ensure that technicians are working efficiently.
* To ensure that optimum levels of Customer Satisfaction and repair quality are delivered through workshop operations.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* To address areas of under performance and manage required improvements.
* To identify and plan areas of technical development within team
* You will already have a background in managing a service centre/workshop within the commercial vehicle world.
* Time served to City & Guilds Level 3 minimum, HNC, ONO, IMI level or equivalent qualification in vehicle maintenance
* The role holder will preferably be a member of industry recognised organisations; the IRTE - Institute of Road Transport Engineers, the SOE - Society of Operations Engineers or equivalent
* Possess previous experience with managing difficult and challenging situations within the work place and in holding employee performance review meetings, whilst identifying talent and promoting development of staff
* Must have previous experience in the use of fleet maintenance systems
* Possess a clear understanding of ISO standards, 9001, 14001 & 18001 and the importance to work to these standards
* You will be a natural leader with a proven track record in successful change management within the workplace
* Hold or be prepared to attain NEBOSH