Skills: Graduate level/equivalent, strong numerical skills, finance, accounts, administration, education, bursaries
Hours/Benefits: 08:45 to 17:00, free parking, generous annual leave, gym membership, pension, excellent training and much more
About the Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for this College in their new world class building. The College’s reputation as the leading vocational College in East Surrey has been confirmed by Ofsted in the 2015 report.
The purpose of this role is to provide general finance administration to the Finance team, with specific responsibilities for ensuring timely and effective operation of the cashiering function and Student Bursary support for College staff and students.
What will your working week be like?
- To work closely with the Admissions and Enrolment Manager and Client Services Advisers to ensure that the College bursaries are effectively administered, controlled, monitored and reported on
- To maintain appropriate records in line with audit requirements
- To keep up to date on financial benefits and services available, bursary eligibility criteria and evidential requirements
- To provide regular reports on student bursaries to the Admissions and Enrolment Manager
- To increase awareness of financial support to students across the college through advertisement of the bursary and liaising with curriculum departments.
- To provide learners with information on financial support available from Student Finance England for FE/HE loan provisions
- To respond to all internal and external enquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- To process student applications, organise interviews with tutors and process course offers in a timely manner.
- To process enrolments and authorised data amendments, ensuring accuracy and completion in line with College MIS guidance.
- To assist with College events, including bulk interview events, enrolment sessions and open evenings in line with the College Calendar.
- To liaise with external agencies and build and maintain strong referral and support networks
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate will be available immediately and will ideally hold experience of administration/financial duties. You must have the maturity to confidently manage students between the ages of 14 to 18, to support and guide them throughout further education.
- Successful candidates will have excellent IT skills, particularly with the Microsoft packages (including Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience of a customer facing role, a good attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are essential.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and coordinating
- Grade C or above GCSE Maths & English
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
- Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
- Self-Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; education sector, administration, office support, team admin, team support, Graduate, finance, account admin, numerical, Redhill, Horley, Merstham, Reigate
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.