Senior Analyst / Modeller
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced analytics professional to join our Consulting team and shape the development of our modelling capability
We are seeking an ambitious candidate who is keen to learn and eager to work on leading energy industry consultancy projects. You will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality research, analytics and modelling that will underpin critical client decisions.
Candidates must have strong experience of business, project and market modelling which might include the following:
- Energy demand, supply and price analysis and short-term and long-term forecasting
- Analysis of business, asset or project economics to support our client’s valuation, strategy development or opportunity selection
- Building and designing models and adapting models to suit their purpose
- Analysis of energy flows and infrastructure utilisation (e.g. gas pipelines, LNG and storage facilities)
- Analysis contributing to commercial and market due diligence conducted in support of business asset acquisitions or disposals
Whilst previous gas or LNG experience is preferred, candidates with experience in other energy sectors will be considered.
The successful candidate will require skills and talent in the following areas:
- Problem-solving and the ability to think for yourself
- Communicate complex ideas and technical analysis in terms that can be grasped by those not directly involved in the analysis - both in written and oral communication
- Defining data requirements, conducting research and creating datasets necessary for specific analytical tasks
- Data organisation and management
- Preparation of reports and presentations to communicate results of analysis (for clients or internal stakeholders)
- Excel to an advanced level, application of VBA or other relevant software
The successful candidate will be tertiary educated (or equivalent) in a highly quantitative subject, be bright, energetic, and have a keen intellectual curiosity about the global gas and energy industry. The role requires you to be highly numerate and logical thinker and have great attention to detail. Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively within varied project and client teams are equally important.
We will provide high-quality development opportunities and individual mentoring to help you grow your skills and build a career with us. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging, capital intensive and commercially innovative gas and LNG industry projects in the world today.
Gas Strategies is a leading provider of strategic and commercial energy advisory services and we serve a global client base, working closely with our clients in their offices onsite as well as from our London base. For further details about the business please refer to our website.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you fit the profile described, then please send an application with your CV and Covering Letter (describing your suitability for this role, your strengths, capabilities and experience) to the HR manager using the link provided.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.