Commercial Account Handler
Looking for a new opportunity, wanting to work for within a faced paced, vibrant environment?
NJR are currently working with an independent Insurance Brokerage based in Birmingham City Centre, who now has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious , talented Commercial Account Handler to join their team.
Our client is extremely dynamic and provides an environment for career motivated people to thrive and will fully support / provided those of you wishing to pursue professional qualifications. You will be provided with a good level of basic salary, a lucrative and achievable bonus structure and market leading benefits.
The main purpose of your role will be to provide new business quotations for all classes of Commercial insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance. You will be dealing with mid-term adjustments and providing assistance in claims issues; whilst assisting customers with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customer own direct contact.
- Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated.
- Offer renewal of existing clients' policies with existing insurer or move to new insurer, as appropriate. In each case, ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments completed.
- Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers, premium payments and survey matters.
- Filing of all records on a daily basis.
- Assisting with claims administration where necessary.
- Provide back up to the Department Manager in performing the daily and operational routines of the Company's computer system.
- Proven experience working as a Commercial Account Handler - preferably within a commercial insurance/ broker environment.
- knowledge of FCA ICOB Regulations and Insurance products
- Solid communication and articulation skills
- High level of competency in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and enjoys the challenge of a diverse role whilst having an eye for detail. It is also essential that the successful candidate is a team player, committed to the company, has a flexible and thorough approach with the ability to priorities their work.
For further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR6505
KEYWORDS: Commercial, Account Handler, Insurance, risk management, Regulations, Adjustments, Claims, Insurer