Assistant Quantity Surveyor
The chance for a motivated and commercially minded Assistant Quantity Surveyor has arisen within an established Social Housing Main contractor the West Midlands. My client is looking to expand their department as they are winning more project in the West Midlands. This particular position is an 8 year reactive Maintenance project therefore please don't apply unless you have such experience with a competitor.
The team that this AQS will sit within has ambitious commercial growth plans for the future and have grown significantly over the past few years. Part of this role will involve commercial development and driving new business within the local area. This role will sit within an already strong Commercial team that carries out Responsive Maintenance work.
The client has a focus on some new build developments and commercial growth. The firm provides high quality building maintenance, development, joinery and grounds maintenance services for a diverse portfolio of customers across the West Midlands and surrounding area.
It is essential that you have had experience of working within Social Housing in a Responsive maintenance environment.
- Advising on the responsive maintenance costs of specific buildings
- Ensuring all cost and value had been accounted for accurately
- Small tenders - from initial pricing through to final account, this will be overlooked by the QS on site and you will take leadership as and when needed.
- Large quoted works - from initial pricing through to final account
- Collating and agreeing annual prelim payment with client
- Creating cost saving efficiency's and putting into place working closely with the operational team
- Working closely with I.T in relation to commercial reports required and interface problems
- Day to day running of contracts - payments, valuations, client queries, subcontract orders, CVR's, etc.
- Mobilisation of new contracts alongside the QS/SQS on site
- Increasing planned works programmes/works
- Risk management - debt, costs, time, quality, etc
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have 1-3 years recent UK experience working on QS Responsive Maintenance projects.
- Due to the commercial development element of the role you will need to be outgoing and able to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Getting the best value for money on contracts.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Strong negotiating on SORs.
- Demonstrate the ability to save money on a contract.
- UK driving licence for site visits.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a commercial focus and awareness;
- Be customer focused
- Have experience with people management and a proven track record of success in this area;
- Have construction and services provision;
- A thorough knowledge of compliance and Health and Safety is essential
- Possess an understanding and willingness to make Health and Safety processes more efficient, economical and reliable;
- Be flexible in what is delivered
- Be competent in managing the whole process from job inception to completion.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary.
Click the Apply or contact Charlotte Jones on or