Support Worker - Various hours available - Hemel Hempstead
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
Do you want to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for motivated, caring and compassionate individuals to join our team of 12 support workers. We are based in Hemel Hempstead and provide support to nine residents in three houses. Our service also supports through an outreach service to people who live independently within the area.
This is an interesting and varied role. As a support worker your role will focus on helping the people we support to progress - from domestic, leisure and social activities, to full-time employment. Through these activities, the people we support learn to become more independent, lead fuller lives, and learn the skills needed to aim for paid work.
Please click on the pink 'Additional Information' button below to view our One Page Profiles, which gives you plenty of information on the people we support within this service.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has a positive approach to all activities and someone who can motivate people we support. Good time management is important and flexibility to shift times will be required. Our staff are dedicated and passionate about their work and we are looking for someone who shares these same values. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap)
Job ID: 7555
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract