Following significant growth, this family run business, is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join in a newly created role.
Reporting to the MD the role will be broad ranging and duties will include;
- Production of monthly and annual management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Implementation of robust budgets and forecasts and maintenance of rolling forecasts
- Cashflow management and forecasting, daily and weekly where appropriate
- Implementing stock management system and controls
- Working on successful integration of stock system to accounts system
- Managing stock levels, making recommendations and implementing improvements and enhancements to existing stock management systems
- Overseeing the purchase invoicing process
- Implementing robust purchasing controls and putting in place appropriate checks to ensure correct procedures are adhered to
- Maintaining relationship with banks, providing relevant financial information where required
- Working closely with senior management team to forward plan for the continued growth of the business
- Managing two staff
The successful candidate will have a strong background working in an SME environment, be ACCA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent) and will have an in-depth understanding of what makes a manufacturing business tick.
Experience of Sage 50 would be a distinct advantage although not essential, but a high level of Excel is very important.
A strong commercial acumen is essential alongside a hands-on approach.
Whilst this role will operate at a senior level, there will be occasion for the right person to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and get involved in the detail as well as producing the higher-level information.
Interviews taking place imminently.