An International service provider with an annual turnover of £50m is seeking an Assistant Buyer to join their Purchasing team.
The Assistant Buyer will manage direct ship suppliers, ensuring that they deliver on time in full to the company’s customers and maintain stock levels where suppliers provide both DD and stock lines.
Reporting directly to the Senior Buyer your main responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for the ordering and delivery of all externally manufactured purchases with a direct material spend of approximately £4m
• Manage and maintain PO placement in-line with projected forecasts
• Managing direct ship suppliers to ensure an efficient source of supply direct to the end customer
• Creation of product supply plans for key suppliers to ensure delivery of products are in line with the stock projection plan requirements
• Manage shortages and stock outs with minimal affect to supply by replacing, resourcing or substituting
• Maximise MOQ’s, MOV’s, EOQ’s, lead times and forecasts to maximise effective purchasing from suppliers
• Manage key performance indicators including order placement and fulfilment, invoice query resolution, weighted service level and stock availability
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Good technical skills, including confident use of Microsoft Office
• Experience in a fast moving Purchasing environment
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Proven track record of managing multiple accounts globally
• Candidates working towards their CIPS qualification is desirable
In return you can expect a competitive package and genuine prospects of career advancement.