This is a Senior Underwriter vacancy based in Central London, please apply if you would consider re-locating.
We are recruiting for a financial services professional with relevant experience within the bridging or development finance sector due to continued company growth. You will underwrite and approve new short-term loan applications within a busy specialist team. There is excellent scope for your career due to company expansion.
Working as a Senior Underwriter, you will be required to:
- Underwrite bridging and development loan applications
- Make lending decisions in line with Credit Risk Policy and individual mandate level
- Manage new applications, incoming post and pre-submission referrals
- Proactively manage a pipeline of applications from receipt to completion
- Liaise with various third parties including applicants, surveyors and solicitors
- Offer and instruct solicitors
- Adhere to policy and regulatory requirements - FCA, PRA, Money Laundering, Prevention of Financial Crime, Data Protection.
To apply for the role of Senior Underwriter, you must be an underwriter with firm bridging or development experience, as well as experience working in a regulated financial services environment. You will have held your own mandate, with extensive experience of underwriting and managing your own pipeline of cases through to completion.
Candidates require a clear credit check and full DBS
The successful candidate working as a Senior Underwriter will be entitled to a 10-15% annual bonus plus various company benefits including pension and private healthcare.