Financial Modelling Analyst, City, Flexible working, £55k
Part-time Financial Modelling Analyst, Research Management, City, 3 days per week/c.23 hours, flexible work pattern, some home-working, up to £55k FTE, Full time contract also available.
Our client is a well established, successful independent equities broker which provides institutional investors with research and trading in European equity markets.
We are looking for a financial modelling analyst to work within our client’s London research management team. The role will enable the business to extend its coverage of European and US stocks.
The role will involve:
- Building accurate and robust company financial models using published data. It is essential that these have a rigorous and detailed P&L and fully integrated financial statements.
- Working with a number of sector teams to develop these models. Model specification will differ depending on sector which include aerospace, automotive, banks, chemical and construction to name a few
- Maintaining and updating these models for quarterly results on a timely basis.
- Amending these models and performing ad hoc analysis as required by analysts.
- Performing model audits on analyst’s models to identify Excel logic, calculation, accounting or valuation errors and to offer constructive areas for improvement.
- Helping the management team deliver effective client access to financial models - (this is envisaged for the near future)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level education (2.1 or above).
- ACA qualification; likely to have first time passes. Manager level preferred if currently employed in an accounting firm.
- Experience in financial modelling (preferably in a business modelling department of an accounting firm).
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills to engage with the in-house analysts.
This permanent part-time post is offering a FTE salary up to £55,000 but it is dependent on experience. (They are considering both full time and part-time applicants). This flexible role requires c. 23 hours (at least 3 days a week) which must include a Wednesday and/or Thursday as the Manager works these days. Some home-working can be considered once established in post.
Other benefits include a discretionary cash bonus paid twice a year. Normal benefits package including five per cent company contribution to pension scheme. Twenty five days’ holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service on a full-time basis (pro-rataed accordingly if part-time).
All information on CVs needs to be accurate as background checks are conducted by the company and references are usually taken up at offer stage.