Senior Commercial Insurance Underwriter
FPSG is delighted to be assisting this respected insurance company in their search for a Senior Commercial Insurance Underwriter within their Glasgow branch.
This is a senior role within the branch where you will support branch management in the achievement of gross written premium and loss ratio objectives for the Scotland, by delivering a market - leading underwriting service, at a senior level, to our selected panel of brokers. The company deal with mainly property and liability risks.
* Dealing with new business enquires (within own underwriting authority, in accordance with the Company's philosophy) and achieving key ratio objectives as defined
* Negotiating renewals and achieving key ratio objectives as defined
* Mid-term servicing of policies placed with the Company
* Overviewing survey reports and ensuring that any risk improvement requirements are completed within defined timescales.
* Producing timely & accurate quotations, endorsements and policy/renewal documentation, within Company's service standards & meeting contract certainty guidelines and requirements for data integrity
* Establishing and maintaining key relationships with the directors and staff of our selected brokers and enhancing the Company's reputation within the local market including accompanied and solo visits to brokers
* Maintaining technical proficiency across the Company's product range by undertaking continuing professional development
* Referring cases outside of your personal underwriting authority and making appropriate recommendations
* Taking referrals from junior underwriters on cases outside their personal underwriting philosophy and making appropriate decisions documented on the file
* Supporting in the implementation of the region's training plan and audit strategy.
* Working closely with other parts of the company to maintain support business relationships and business objectives and operational efficiency
* Supporting in controlling the balance, quality and profitability of the underwriting account
* Undertaking miscellaneous tasks and other duties, as required
* To act in accordance with and be an advocate for the company spirit.
* If appropriate, to ensure that any direct reports are managed effectively.
* Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
* Where applicable ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
* Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
* To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
* Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness
* To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.
* ACII desirable
* Minimum 15 years commercial underwriting experience
* Well established in market
* Dynamic and outgoing personality, capable of developing key business relationships
* Determined and self-motivated character.
* Ability to help change the buying / placing criteria of broking staff
* A good communicator and negotiator
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and underwriting systems
* Effective and efficient operator who is capable of dealing with high volumes of work and prioritising tasks appropriately
* Potential to progress, as the company grows and expands
* Presents a professional image to the market place
This position comes with a competitive salary to £65,000 and flexible benefits package.
For more information on this role, contact Elaine McCrink for a confidential chat or email your cv quoting reference 61769.5emc
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.