Head of Media
A leading transportation provider is seeking a Head of Media to set up their media strategy and build strong relationships with the UK media. The successful candidate will already have a wide network of national contacts and know how to build a positive and clear positioning narrative for the holding company and its various brands across national, regional, consumer, specialist, online and social media. Reporting into the Marketing & Communications Director the Head of Media will support the Marketing & Communications Director and collaborate with other directors and senior managers in the development and implementation of an integrated organisation-wide marketing and communications strategy.
- Develop and implement a national media strategy which positions the organisation as a leader in their sector, supports delivery of the overall corporate strategy
- Develop media-based public awareness campaigns to increase favourability and understanding of the organisation’s strategy and competence.
- Develop expert spokespeople across the organisation.
- Provide high level media advice and create profile-building programmes for the CEO and key staff
- Line-manage a national team to deliver media objectives, ensuring a high level of performance, engagement and motivation.
- Oversee the department’s budget in liaison with the finance team and reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of delegated budget in accordance with financial procedures and local governance regulations.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Evidence of having developed powerful, precise and concise long term narrative arguments for complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent written and spoken English
- Demonstrable ability to adopt a solution-focussed approach and make sound decisions under pressure
- Proven experience of leading a team, inspiring and motivating them to deliver first class, inspiring and strategic work which supports the overall organisational objectives.
To send your CV please click on 'apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.