Legal Counsel - Insurance
Opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join a small yet professional legal team and provide support to the business on a wide range of matters covering legal and regulatory compliance.
Professional services firm providing support to the insurance industry.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
• To assist and support the business with all legal matters across the global business
• To provide a wide range of advice on the activities the business are involved with, especially in relation to drafting and vetting of documents, contract and other legal agreements
• To monitor legal developments and to provide updates to the business units and their clients
• The draft or review contracts in an effective manner
• To draft, review and negotiate strategic business agreements and transactions effectively and efficiently
• To act as the Compliance Officer for business, working in conjunction with the Director of Compliance and Risk including inter-acting with Regulators, where necessary, having responsibility for ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and training for the adjusting division generally are in place
• To provide ad hoc compliance and legal support and advice to the company generally
• To assist and support the Group Legal function with legal, regulatory, compliance and other due diligence work
• To assist with new business activities, acquisitions and disposals by the company generally but particularly in relation to the business
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor. You will have previous experience of working within the wholesale insurance/reinsurance market, ideally in a Lloyd’s or London Market insurer. In addition you should have substantial experience in compliance matters with considerable knowledge of international regulatory best practice requirements and the application of same in an insurance/reinsurance context.
Other key requirements-
• Detailed, technical knowledge of Insurance regulations
• A good knowledge of FCA and PRA regulations
• Highly proficient at interpreting laws and regulation
• An effective and confident communicator of complex messages (written and verbal) to both internal and external audiences
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, deal with conflicting agendas and meet deadlines