Do you like diversity in a role? Do you have experience in one or more of the following roles / areas?
- New Product Development
Can you build relationships with both customers and suppliers from all over the world?
Working within a fully integrated vertical business within a major importer, the role of Operations Executive is supporting the Horticulture side of the company.
As Operations Executive you will be supporting the Manager with conducting range reviews and gap analysis to determine new product ranges to coordinating key aspects of new product launches; whilst Completing internal documentation forms to ensure all products are priced correctly using components costing
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing products /refining current ranges
- Assisting in sourcing and buying of finished goods and components
- Identifying market opportunities together with the business development manager in selected categories and markets
- Liaising with the NPD team with product and technical details
- Preparing quotes/specifications for supplier meetings/procurement
- Planning and preparing for customer and sales meetings and assisting with the presentation of product launch plans, presentations and catalogues
- Implementing/improving current systems
- Meeting and building relationships with key customers, identifying and progressing sales opportunities
- Meeting and building relationships with key suppliers to minimise costs where possible
- Assisting in preparing customer presentations for national accounts and various UK channels
- Involvement in the buying process and placing orders
- Preparing marketing data to analyse performance, identifying current trends for future planning
- Maintain accurate price lists and distribute information to relevant account managers, BDM’s and Marketing
- Communicate commercial updates to the sales team remotely at regular weekly & monthly meetings
- Preparing and collating reports
- Strong communication and organisational skills both written and verbal
- Extensive experience within a FMCG environment (importing)
- Experience of product development, category management and range assortment
- Capability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
In return our client offer a competitive salary package and excellent benefits.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR6488
KEYWORDS: Operations Executive, FMCG, FAR EAST, Sourcing, Buying, Business development, Marketing