Business Administrator (Basic suitability-letter writing)
We are recruiting for a Business Administrator, within an established St. James’s Place Wealth Management company, on a full-time permanent basis.
The individual shall be working in a very busy and successful Wealth Management office, working on the New Business submission processing team. As the majority of the role will be drafting basic suitability letters, candidates must have experience in this area.
This is a back office role, (please note this is not a paraplanner role). It is purely an administrative / suitability-letter writing role, and has NO external client contact. The individual shall work directly with the internal administration teams and Partner’s.
Overall Role Purpose:
As part of a team, the individual will manage the process to completion of business submissions on behalf of the company including post-sale documentation, ensuring all business submissions achieve full FCA regulatory and internal systems compliance. They shall also ensure all business submission documentation is appropriately filed and / or archived, and provide comprehensive office administration support to the team as required.
The role will also require the individual to be trained internally in writing a suitability report for clients. These reports are written from templates, and with advice provided from the Financial Adviser, and will be an integral part of this role.
- The writing of Suitability reports from templates (full training shall be provided where required)
- The submission or new business
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are fully compliant with FCA regulations
- Filing, scanning and archiving
- Basic understanding of financial product administration through work experience, including Pensions, Investments and Protection.
- EBS - Electronic Business Systems processing
- New business business processing
- Good GCSE / A’ Level results or equivalent, IT-related qualification desirable.
- Minimum two years experience within a financial services based Business Administration role or equivalent
- Basic understanding of what a Suitability letter report is (as the role will require training in suitability letter writing from provided templates), and preferably experience of writing them.
- Outstanding organisational / administration skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Excellent IT (MS office) and data entry skills
- Ability to work effectively; independently and in teams
- Excellent attention to detail / accuracy
- Strong desire to achieve results
- Ability to work and deliver in a fast paced, busy working environment at peak business periods such as tax year end
- Full time - Permanent
- £28K per annum dependant on experience
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm
- Location: Barbican, London, EC2
- Start date: Immediately available opportunity