Commercial Underwriting Team Leader
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Team Leader / People Manager to join a highly regarded MGA and support a team of Commercial Underwriters.
- You will motivate, develop and train your team, ensuring KPI targets are met
- Act as a mentor to members of the team, ensuring they are given sound advice and guidance
- You will ideally have the technical capacity within commercial insurance to support with complex queries
- Ensure the department is fully compliant at all times
- Supporting the Head of Department with regards to reporting and analysis
- Ensuring a sound relationship between the Underwriting department and external Business Development Managers
- Hold weekly and monthly team meetings to motivate team
- A self-motivated individual with the confidence to develop and motivate a team
- Proven track record of leading and training at a high standard
- Experience in achieving individual targets whilst supporting a team to achieve theirs
- Able to support people development with the ability to coach for improved results
Ideally you will have a good technical understanding of commercial risks such as Property and Liability, however key people management skills will within personal insurance would be considered
In return there is a competitive basic salary and benefits package, along with career development within a business that is recognised for investing heavily in their employees. Please do get in touch with Daniel Bell at Nixon Allen to discuss further.