Sales / Export Manager
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Basford (with international travel)
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic Sales Manager to promote and develop the Company’s sales opportunities through self-supporting initiatives and the progressive management of the external technical sales team that currently total 7 people including one person full time in the USA. To fulfil this role, you will need to be experienced with analysing all aspects of our sales data, product costing and profitability. By analysing our customers’ product mix, profitability and technical support, you will direct the team to maximise their effectiveness.
- Manage, oversee, motivate and train the internal sales team
- Research the effectiveness of competitors, using research gained to improve competitor advantage
- Present tenders, negotiate contracts and play an active role in the costing and pricing.
- Coordinate marketing, advertising, exhibitions and promotional activities including all website issues.
- Manage and oversee all global distributors, with travel required to these accounts throughout the year.
- Coordinate the introduction of new products
- Investigate new business opportunities
- Lead on sales meetings to discuss and deliver sales objectives for the team
- Make recommendations to improve the technical team’s ability to operate smarter.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar position is essential
- Willing to commit to international travel (approximately 9 weeks a year)
- Relevant industry experience is desired e.g. Brewing / Food
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Confident communicator
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Outgoing, personable, positive and enthusiastic
Please only apply for this position if you can evidence, on your CV, the essential elements of the post.
Should this not be the case, you will only receive an automatically generated email response to your application with no further communication.