R&D Manager, Stockport, £60,000
Established over 25 years ago the company specializes in the development and production of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning control products.
The products cover a range of environmental sensors with temperature, humidity, dewpoint, CO2, light level, PIR occupancy and air velocity/pressure sensors.
In addition to the environmental sensors the product range covers HVAC controllers operating to BACnet interoperability network standards as well as a range of ZigBee Wireless sensors and Network Management Routers/Controllers
The company is at the start of the development of the next generation of products using up to date cortex processors with the objective to increase product functionality, create a wider range of ZigBee Automation products and introduce a range of networking environmental sensors for IoT.
The position is part of a small senior management team and reports directly to the Operations Director.
The role requires the experience of an all-rounder with hands-on in product development and the responsibility of directly managing a small team of 6 - R&D engineers providing support and technical direction.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate work in a similar role and must have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Qualifications min BSc in related subjects
- Minimum 10 years in all round product design involving circuit design, PCB layout and firmware/software
- Experience of full life cycle product development
- Knowledge of EMC design and requirements.
- Experience with PIC, ARM and Cortex processors
- Embedded Software in C and C++
- Object oriented design
- Communications and Networks (I2C, RS485, TCP/IP,)
- Experience with Network Routers, Modems, GPS and GPRS
- Experience with Wireless products and networks (ideal ZigBee)
- Knowledge of Control Systems and Engineering.
- Must be able to demonstrate team leadership qualities.