German-speaking Credit Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups. My client is looking for a smart and passionate German-speaking Credit Analyst to join their Team.
As part of the outbound Credit Analyst team you will be responsible for generating leads and converting them into active customers. You will deal with a wide variety of companies, from "one man bands" to multi-million PLN businesses.
The team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach the business. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications - using cutting-edge tech platforms, you will be analysing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build relationships with customers and work with the Account Management team to ensure we do our best to meet an applicant’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
- Help grow German loan book - you will be expected to leverage customer relationships to proactively grow our business
- Take responsibility for your credit decisions: you should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
You will need:
- 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending. Other relevant experience (in finance, audit or consulting for example) will also be taken into account
- Fluent German speaker with a high level of written and spoken English - note that we require fully fluent German level (i.e. you’ve grown up speaking German or have learnt it to CEFR C2 level or similar).
- Good business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You have to be comfortable working independently and making your own credit decisions in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.