Associate- Commercial Disputes Cardiff
My Client is looking for a 1-3 Year PQE Associate to join their Commercial Dispute Resolution Team. Renowned for handling high-value, complex, cross border disputes and litigation across a wide range of sectors. A growing team of dynamic and forward-thinking lawyers, they are focused on combining legal expertise and commercial problem solving to provide major clients with the guidance they need. They are also market leaders in public inquiries and investigations.
- Provide strategic and commercial legal advice on litigation cases, supporting the Partners and wider CDR team.
- Support and offer guidance to junior lawyers in the team.
- As an integral part of the team, you will handle some of your own matters under supervision.
- Be pro-active and willing to get involved in business development and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
- This varied role offers a wide range of high quality commercial dispute resolution work, including exposure to clients in diverse sectors including Diversified Industrials, Sports, and Energy.
- You will have access to sector specialists and be expected to work with these contacts across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team.
- You will work on high profile, high value and complex litigation.
Skills and experience:
- 1-3 years PQE experience within a high performing dispute resolution team working on complex issues.
- Strong technical skills, commercial acumen and excellent academic qualifications, with a degree classification of 2:1 or higher.
- Ability to analyse complex factual situations and distil the key issues clearly and concisely and persuade others through logical reasoning. You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
- Evidence of exposure to clients/counsel/experts is desirable.
- Exposure to business development activities and a good understanding of how to win work would be desirable.
- 'Can do’ attitude and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure we are able to meet our clients’ needs.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices.