Private Client Tax Assistant Director
One of East Anglia’s leading Independent Chartered Accountancy Firms are currently looking for a Private Client Tax Assistant Director to join their Cambridge office. They are offering an interesting role, predominantly advisory based, which will also involve management and development of the firm’s Private Client Tax function.
You will work alongside the firm’s other directors and partners in an autonomous role, with involvement in all aspects of the tax department including providing an advisory service to clients, networking and developing the tax department as well as assisting tax managers.
You will not have responsibility for a compliance portfolio, but may assist in complex compliance work where necessary. Instead you will be involved with clients on a project basis, working closely with key decision makers to provide exceptional service with regards to client advice and technical planning for HNWIs and their families.
- Acting as a Private Client Tax Consultant, advising on areas including Income Tax planning, sales of business and interests in businesses, Capital Gains Tax planning, Inheritance Tax planning, succession planning and trusts
- Complex tax compliance where necessary
- Dealing with client correspondence to strict deadlines
- Matching technical competences of junior staff with specific assignments and arranging suitable training as necessary
- Attending seminars, writing technical literature and creating and giving presentations
- Ensuring the firm’s quality assurance procedures are met and excellent client care is maintained
- Staying up-to-date on the latest technical developments within the Private Client sphere as well as services competitors are offering
- Maintaining the highest standards of service for existing clients, as well as identifying opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients
- Introducing new clients to the firm, including clients within new market segments
- Identifying and leading new marketing and business development opportunities
- Raising the firm’s profile through networking, client care and marketing
- Supporting directors and partners in managing the Private Client Tax department
- Supervising and training junior staff
- Ensuring efficient billing, debt collection and control of recovery rates
- Liaising with other staff and managing people as part of ongoing project work
- Leading by example to maintain staff standards and high morale within the team
For further information on this Private Client Tax Assistant Director role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers