My client, a well-respected further education institution is keen to recruit an experienced Management Accountant, with a background in education into a newly created role.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the role will involve producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts including the balance sheet, variance analysis, the development of costing information to enable commercial decision making and providing meaningful KPIs to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Producing the monthly management accounts and other reports as required for senior management including the review of income and costs against budget;
- Preparing accruals and prepayments schedules as part of the month end reporting routine;
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for intercompany recharges and postings
- Responsible for CAPEX reporting and promotion of assets from WIP to the fixed asset register;
- Ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the College’s finance system;
- Assisting with preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Statutory reporting and compliance including year-end preparation and liaison with the auditors;
- Ad-hoc duties
Role will suit an experienced management accountant, qualified (CIMA, ACA or equivalent) or in final year of study or QBE, with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a management accounts role, including budgeting / forecasting responsibility
You will have excellent IT skills with the ability to develop models to meet business needs, and have strong financial systems experience, including excellent Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables and v look ups.
You will have Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills with outstanding financial modelling skills. Candidates must have experience of working in an FE/HE environment.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.