Full time permanent Paralegal Secretary based in Southampton paying up to £18,000 dependant on experience.
Your new company
You will be working for a leading intellectual property law firm.
Your new role
You will be assisting the Trade Mark Attorney with minimal supervision and to undertake both routine and complex paralegal / secretarial duties.
- Type letters and formal documents such as Statutory Declarations, Statement of Use, Assignments, Agreements, Notices of Opposition, Instructions to Counsel and Witness Statements
- Prepare all Trade Mark and Community Trade Mark official forms.
- Calculate and prepare debit notes/credit notes.
- Prepare memos, attendance notes.
- Attend to daily administration requests for the Attorney, such as faxes, file management, opening post and photocopying.
- Arrange the weekly Trade Mark Journal and Community Trade Mark Bulletin advertisements and prepare standard letters.
- Maintain a diary and deal with telephone queries as required.
- Type up trip reports and prepare bundle meetings, which can include high volumes of photocopying.
- Preparing weekly extension of time forms.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous legal secretarial experience - Advantageous
Strong typing and keyboard skills - Essential
Previous experience of working with digital dictation and audio typing - Essential
Strong administration experience - Essential
Experience in billing clients and working within a complex billing structure - Essential
Strong accuracy and attention to detail - Essential
Exceptional spelling & grammar - Essential
Degree level educated - Advantageous
What you'll get in return
Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan and 25 days holiday, among many other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.