Accounts Assistant Oxford
Role: Accounts Assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,500 per annum
C2 Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of this long established motor group. I am looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to work in a main dealer environment. This role is varied and will act as the support function for the Purchase Ledger Clerk, Credit Controller and the Accounts Manager. Working within a fast paced, large company environment this is an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant looking for a role with a broad exposure to general accounting administration. The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable administration, with a keen eye for detail and a strong team work ethic. Experience of Kerridge systems would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be provided. In return you will receive a competitive salary and enjoy excellent benefits including free life insurance, a contributory pension scheme and generous staff discounts.
- Operating Controls: Ensure all duties are carried out accurately and on time in order to achieve company standards.
- Planning & Organising: Plan ahead and manage time carefully to ensure all tasks are achieved, and timetables are met.
- Policies and Practices: Strive to complete work to a consistently high standard, to ensure that accurate information is always available from which to make decisions.
- Communication: Develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers & colleagues.
- Personal Criteria: Remain professional, calm and positive at all times in a fast paced environment.
- Act as the support function for the Purchase Ledger Clerk, Credit Controller and the Accounts Manager.
- To maintain ledgers to Company standards and benchmarks.
Key Performance Areas:
- Opening of ledger accounts according to established procedures.
- Reconcile supplier statements and pay suppliers according to established group procedures.
- Accurately allocate payments and receipts to ledgers on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct procedures have been followed and the correct authorisations have been obtained before raising sundry cheques.
- Action payment requests from suppliers within the agreed credit terms.
- Accurately enter/scan purchase invoices onto invoice register and pass authorised invoices on a daily basis.
- Assist in achieving monthly close of ledgers in 3 working days.
- Ensure nominal accounts are accurately reconciled on Kerridge on a daily or monthly basis as required.
- Ensure bankings are prepared daily in time for collection.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all Group employees, visitors, customers, external representatives and suppliers.
- Experience in the motor trade (highly desirable).
- AAT Qualified (highly desirable) or other accounting qualification.
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel - (Essential)
- Experience of Kerridge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Essential)
- Accounts Experience of Purchase ledger, Sales ledger, Credit control.
- Driving licence.
If you are an Accounts Assistant interested in working for a leading company who truly values their staff, and will invest whatever it takes to ensure that their people are happy and challenged then please apply on line today with your CV and covering letter to Jonathan Wells at C2 Recruitment
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here