Compliance Analyst - Data Protection
Role: Compliance Analyst - Data Protection
Salary: £45-£50,000 Dependant on experience
We are working closely with the financial services arm of a global provider of auto finance, having operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, China and Latin America. Their strategic priorities are to Earn Customers for Life, to grow their Brands, to lead in Technology and Innovation and to Drive Core Efficiencies
They take pride on the ability to promote a culture to win by putting the Customer at the Center of everything they do and embracing teamwork, excellence and integrity.
The Role: Compliance Analyst - Data Protection
My client is now looking to recruit a Senior local Compliance Analyst with a key focus on Data Protection to support, and to be highly visible within the local compliance team. The team is committed to maintaining an effective Compliance Program promoting a strong, proactive culture of compliance that is commensurate with the risks posed by both the business and its activities. The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance Manager in the ongoing execution and development of the Compliance framework with particular emphasis on Data Protection and Records Management for both the UK and Swedish operations. This position reports into the Compliance Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
- As a Compliance Analyst you will be well versed in the regulatory environment in which the business operates and the resulting compliance risks associated with the business and activities;
- To provide Compliance support and guidance to the business. Being a technical reference point in respect of the FCA handbook requirements including CONC, ICOBS, SYSC, DISP and the FCA principles including treating customers fairly (TCF);
- Work in conjunction with International Operations to prepare and maintain a GDPR strategy and policies throughout the organisation.
- Be responsible for some of the wider Information Security compliance throughout the organisation.
- Coordinate and Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments and Vendor Due Diligence
- Develop and implement appropriate Compliance policies, procedures and standards to assist in developing compliant behaviours and ensuring data privacy;
- Undertake monitoring reviews, analyze results and provide support to management to make appropriate changes to controls/procedures as required;
- Ongoing review and updating of the businesses compliance risk assessment through collaborative working with key business stakeholders to analyze the potential impact of Compliance regulations and/or legislation on existing and new processes;
- Work with the Training Department to provide effective FCA and compliance training requirements;
- Identify and track existing/new regulatory developments, including assessing impact and communicating change to the Board and relevant business units;
- Previous experience in a senior data management role within Compliance
- Strong regulatory compliance, investigation or audit experience gained within a financial services environment demonstrating solid understanding of the UK and EU regulatory environment
- Data Protection and AML experience essential
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for information protection
- In depth knowledge of the FCA rules and the structure of the FCA handbook and associated documents
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills