Polish-speaking Credit Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups. My client is looking for a smart and passionate Polish-speaking Credit Analyst to join their Team.
As part of the outbound Credit Analyst team you will be responsible for generating leads and converting them into active customers. You will deal with a wide variety of companies, from "one man bands" to multi-million PLN businesses.
The team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach the business. You will:
- Evaluate credit applications - using cutting-edge tech platforms, you will be analysing data from bank statements, credit reference agencies (BIK, BIG, KRD), company accounts (KPiR, RZiS), application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- Build a loan book - as you gain experience, you will make decisions on your own set of customers and will be expected to grow your own loan book. You should thrive under a KPI driven environment where you are responsible for meeting global risk targets.
- Work closely with our Account Management team - Account Managers act as "customer champions" and you’ll work with them to ensure we do our best to meet an applicant’s needs and offer a fast, slick service.
You will need:
- 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Good business acumen that is essential to quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- The ability to interpret key financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be confident, focused and enthusiastic. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where every month needs to be a record month.
- Good communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- Professional fluency in Polish is a must.