Compliance Monitoring Officer
You will be conducting risk based monitoring reviews, both routine and thematic, to assess the extent to which line management complies with regulatory procedural requirements and relevant internal control standards put in place to ensure the Company meets external legal and regulatory requirements.
National Insurance provider with a strong market reputation.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Assisting and drive completion of the Compliance Monitoring plan;
- Assist in developing and implementing an effective compliance culture throughout the Company;
- Support and lead regular reviews of the business units, key business processes and the activities of the Company to ensure continued adherence to and effective implementation of policies, procedures and regulations;
- Carry out monitoring (including field based reviews as appropriate) of the Company’s Trading Partners ensuring they meet, and continue to meet, FCA expectations and obligations under TOBAs and Binding Authorities as may be applicable;
- Liaise with other members of the Compliance team to ensure consistency and effective dissemination of best practice across the Company;
- Ensure prompt escalation of significant compliance issues to the Compliance Monitoring Manager;
- Contribute to the development of regulatory procedures by identifying areas of weakness and making suggestions for improvement;
- Produce accurate monitoring reports and ensure any issues identified from monitoring activities are addressed in a timely manner. This includes maintaining appropriate records of all monitoring activity;
- Support the maintenance and updates to the Monitoring Plan and reporting against objectives and SLA’s;
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained;
- Be familiar with the business and current regulatory and compliance initiatives in a way that is likely to meet the Financial Conduct Authority compliance requirements applying to a C2 firm;
- Carry out duties following internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and Gallagher’s shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business.
- Educated to GCSE standard
- General Insurance experience
- Good IT skills and a willingness to learn about new systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of Compliance
- Effective communication skills with colleagues
- Attention and accuracy in written communication
- Identify potential problems and seek advice/consultation when required
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues
- Can identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required
- MS office and other relevant IT systems proficiency
- Eligibility to work in the UK