Payroll Manager - 6 month contract
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager to join a reputable organisation in Milton Keynes on an interim basis for 6 months initially.
Leaders within the construction industry, our client require an experienced Payroll Manager to join them on an immediate basis for a 6 month contract.
The main duties of the Payroll Manager will involve;
- Lead a large team of 6 payroll administrators - ongoing staff development will be a large part of this position
- Drive and influence change across the team and wider business, seeking out efficiencies and process improvements
- Liaise with HR and Finance Directors on a regular basis
- Play a lead role in any system implementations or improvements
- Overseeing monthly and weekly payrolls
- Ensuring all updates are input to the system and correctly allocated to the payroll item
- Providing advice to employees on their pay-slip enquiries
- Processing pension details so they are kept up to date
- Managing end of year payroll submissions and related reporting including P60's, managing the company benefits, reviewing payroll controls and recommending changes to strengthen payroll controls to ensure better compliance with industry standards.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
- Significant payroll management experience including managing a large team of payroll administrators and specialists
- Leadership and staff development skills are essential
- An eye for improvements and increasing efficiencies
- Excellent reporting and good Excel skills
A competitive package for the successful individual