Maintenance Engineer - Electrical - Wimbledon
A well established food manufacturing business is looking to recruit a multi skilled engineer to join their growing business due to a career move.
Location: Wimbledon, SW London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits, over time
Shift: Monday - Friday (09:00 - 17:00)
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- To carry out the requirements of the planned preventive maintenance programme.
- To ensure production lines are capable of running at maximum efficiency through involvement in continuous improvement processes
- To perform day to day in depth fault finding, diagnosis and breakdown repairs as necessary
- To assist with machine changeovers, training technicians as necessary
- To provide technical input into key operations projects e.g. facilities upgrade, capital investment proposals, new product introductions
- To carry out reactive and planned maintenance duties
- To carry out production line changes
- To train production staff as required
- To carry out maintenance to the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) schedule
- To carry out any associated project work
Maintenance Engineer Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced GMP environment
- Mechanical and Electrical experience
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programmes
- FMCG packaging machinery or pharmaceutical experience
- Experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Liquid filling
- Cartoning systems
- Tube filling
- Shrink wrap systems
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) interrogation (Omron, Allen Brady, Siemens)
- Ability to monitor and report results
ABOUT US - Proactive Technical Recruitment
Specialising in food & drink production, with an additional growing presence across pharmaceutical, injection moulding and household care, Proactive' s FMCG division is broken into four niche and specialist teams; Engineering, Technical, Production and Senior Appointments.
Operating from a network of offices, covering London, Egham, Milton Keynes and Brighton, Proactive supply permanent and contract labour to clients nationwide. Utilising a long track record of successful partnerships, we understand the challenges that you currently face, working alongside you to find the right role.
If you feel you have the drive and determination to succeed at this company then please apply today and we will support you through the entire process of application.
We are looking for the UK's top engineering talent and would love you to send across your CV to or please give me a call on .
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-250. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.