Job Title: Underwriter
Salary: up to £18,500
Benefits: Company bonus + 25 days holiday +bank holidays + BUPA cover
Hours: 4 week shift pattern including one evening per week and 1 in 4 weekends
Location: Leeds City Centre
Job Reference: 916823
My client, a leading financial services company with offices in Leeds City Centre are recruiting for an experience Underwriter to join their team. You will be responsible for making final balanced decisions on referrals working within a fast paced team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Underwriter to join an established company that offer fantastic development and progression opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring all callers receive a first class experience whether inbound or outbound
- Assessing referred applications and making balanced decisions with mandate level
- Making recommendations where appropriate for applications above mandate level
- Assessing and resolving enquiries, requests and complaints primarily over the phone but also over email
- Meeting targets and KPIS
To be successful you will have experience of working within an underwriting position ideally for a Financial Services organisation. You will be hardworking and credible with first class communication skills as well as possessing the following skills and experience:
- Underwriting experience
- Experience in financial services would be desirable
- First class communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to deal with complaints or difficult calls whilst remaining cal and maintaining empathy and professionalism
- Highly motivated
- Able to work to targets.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.