Product Design Engineer
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Ramsgate, Kent for a Lead Product Design Engineer.
Cummins UK is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as Developing industry leading Power Generation packages and Genset products for a global customer base. You will also gain the opportunity for European travel and to develop your engineering career within a diverse and broad role developing and improving various output size Generator Sets.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Interpret customer needs (internal and external depending upon work area) to identify the relevant modifications and enhancements required to the product.
- Use engineering software (Creo) to analyse problems and issues to determine the appropriate solutions and modifications required.
- Collaborating with other functions (such as Operations, Marketing etc) to determine possible solutions to particular problems and issues. This will include external stakeholders such as suppliers and customers.
- Progress the proposed modifications to resolve issues through the required approval routing process.
- Follow appropriate engineering processes as determined upon area of work and implement test programmes and interpret results, approving or rejecting modifications as appropriate.
- Identify suitable new products and components that can be used for modifications and enhancements to current products.
- Lead design reviews and safety reviews on small projects or as delegated by the Engineering Department Leader.
- Coordinate with other global engineering teams and functions within Cummins as and when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A good level of Postgraduate functional engineering experience working with complex electro-mechanical or mechanical systems and components.
- Ideally candidates will have an appreciation, experience or passion for working with engines and/or power generation products such as Gensets or Power Distribution Systems.
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as Creo, Pro-E, Wildfire or Inventor is required.
- Disciplined, methodical and capable of producing quality work to meet demanding schedules.
- Design experience with diesel powered generating systems a distinct advantage
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Relevant Engineering Degree
Compensation and Benefits
£28k-£35,300 (negotiable and DOE)
+ 8% bonus
+ assisted BUPA
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com