Corporate Sales Director
AVADO is a trail-blazing education business which was founded 4 years ago with the purchase of Home Learning College, the UK’s leading online professional training provider. With over 30,000 active students, AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive private equity group (being backed by Blenheim Chalcot, an international private investment group which has successfully built dozens of innovative and entrepreneurial businesses over the last 15 years).
AVADO’s vision is to become a global leader in online education with significant market share under both their own brands (the largest of which is Home Learning College) and through powering learning platforms for brands leading their fields, including Google and the CIPD as current examples.
AVADO is recruiting a Corporate Account Director to support the planned expansion of the business, specifically focused on large-scale global corporates in designated industry sectors (i.e. Financial Services, Retail, FMCG). This role will exist to help grow what is essentially a new business division, and will be seen as a key commercial position within the wider AVADO organisation. The clear market opportunity is to drive B2B revenues to a level where they are more than half the company’s revenues over the next five years, with the initial focus on the UK and parts of EMEA, but with wider international ambitions. The Corporate Account Director will help drive this growth by being accountable for primarily managing a portfolio of high-value customers within a sector. This role will also serve as an entry point into a fast growth and exciting business for an exceptional candidate who has the potential to progress through the organisation.
Strong commercial leader with a track record of growing revenues at scale from global corporates via effective and efficient account management. Experience in L&D and HR is highly valued, however the ability to consult on and sell complex solutions in a digitally disrupted, fast moving industry is key. Must be an engaging leader, with high ambition, and the ability to drive and motivate.
- Formulate and lead appropriate account teams and technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects and orchestrate internal and external resources to close the sale.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and coordinate and drive the development of sales proposals.
- Maintain/build rapport with senior executives to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust.
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understand legal ramification of contracts.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the wider AVADO product and service offering, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies and procedures.
- Develop/maintain pipeline according to targets; provide clear/accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities.
- Develop and grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how AVADO can partner best with our clients on an on-going basis.
- Direct revenue growth of designated large-scale corporate clients - UK/with some EMEA focus.
- Contributory growth of corporate revenues in our regions - APAC, DACH and Northern Europe - at an industry sector/account level.
- Relentless prospecting and activity levels within client; pipeline growth via the identification of L&D opportunities.
- Effective leadership of both projects and teams as relevant to the role.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of corporate sales experience, with personal and direct responsibility for revenue targets.
- A strong command of the digital ecosystem.
- Experience and ability to manage complex and lengthy sales cycles.
- The ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients.
- The ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with global corporate decision makers (Director+ level).
- A demonstrable track record of high performance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Experience creating complex client proposals.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and practice: you enjoy working as part of a team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great.
- A highly intelligent person, analytical and curious but also grounded and pragmatic.
- Somebody comfortable with ambiguity and dealing with changing business situations, in fact someone who thrives in this environment.
- A down to earth, hands-on operator capable of working in a collaborative and effective manner with colleagues of all levels.
- Ambitious and driven.
- Confident with gravitas, a natural, authentic leader.
- A superb communicator and influencer.