Data Protection Implementation Manager - EMEA
As part of this successful global manufacturing organisation, the EMEA business now requires an experienced Data Protection Implementation Manager to co-ordinatewith the Group’s global HQ and manage the implementation of the new General Data Protection Regulation processes and procedures for the business across the EMEA region.
The Group’s EMEA division has operational activities throughout the various market regions within Europe, Middle East and Africa, generating a multi-billion pound annual turnover.
As the Data Protection Implementation Manager for EMEA you will be be responsible for, but not limited to:
- enabling and leading the delivery of the project plan - namely, goals, time frames and budgets for each function within both the EMEA head office and wider EMEA regions
- monitoring delivery aligned with the project plan
- reporting to the Project Steering Group, including providing recommendations on priorities
- co-ordinating internal and external resources
- evaluating and recommending IT-based tools for managing relevant aspects of personal data processing, such as data mapping
- educating and training employees and third parties on the General Data Protection Regulations
- contributing to the drafting of relevant internal policies, regulations and documentation
- serving as the Data Protection Manager for the EMEA business
- assisting and supporting the EMEA General Counsel with implementation of other compliance policies and initiatives across EMEA, as required
The group has locations throughout the EMEA region. Candidates can be located near to any of the main international business units.
Ideally of graduate standard, or higher, candidates will also be required to demonstrate that they have:
- previous senior experience of working within a data protection implementation environment, including previous experience and knowledge of IT operations, systems and data security controls
- previous experience of working on a pan-European / international business basis
- the ability to swiftly interpret complex international organisations and successfully build an internal network
- the ability and experience to independently and actively manage projects in an international environment
- the ability to understand relevant legal issues and successfully disseminate the information to a wider audience
- proven experience in either a compliance, internal controls, risk management, quality control or developing company policy, with a background of conducting risk-control assessments and control design evaluations
Candidates should also be:
- fully conversant in the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 with some knowledge on European data privacy laws
- analytical, results driven, with a strong commitment to success
- a hands-on type individual, who demonstrates initiative and has a positive, professional, "can-do" attitude
- a strong capable leader, with the presence and ability to communicate, motivate and influence at the highest level
- highly proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- capable of solid project management and strong organisational skills, with close attention to detail and commitment of working to deadlines
European language skills would be a benefit but are not essential.
Candidates should note that there will be travel within the EMEA region with this role.